My life as an Engineering student.

As a lot of people know, I do a Engineering course at Carlisle College. Over the past 6 and a bit months I have cried, smiled and made the most amazing friends. This is my story.

I am sure most people in my year never expected me to do Engineering, to be fair it wasn't until I seen a advert for Gen 2 I thought about it. My Grandad Dave made me believe that if I wanted to do something, I had to out there and get it. No matter how bumpy the road may be. My Grandad never seen me get on my course or cuddle me when on my first day no one would speak to me. Thank you Grandad, for believing in me.

I got into Carlisle College and I thought it was going to be amazing, new friends, new people and most importantly, a fresh start. I am generally a bubbly person and I talk to everyone... Until a bunch of lads from my course came over to me and abruptly told me 'Erm Hair and Beauty is over there.' I was alone. I was scared and i thought that for the whole year this was going to be it. I satin a room full of people who stared at me and i knew they thought I was in the wrong class, they just never said it. Sitting in a class full of people who doubt you was one of the worst experiences of my life. I had no friends, for weeks I had dinner alone and I really did want to quit. But I didn't. 

Why? Why didn't I quit and go and do something 'Girly'? Because I knew I could do this. Friends or no friends, I was going to get my Diploma and wave it in their sorry ass faces. A few weeks later I met two people who changed my life forever, I met Karl and Dan. For the first time in a long time someone spoke to me like a normal person, they didn't speak down at me or like I wouldn't understand. they spoke to me like a person. i connected with them, they were and still are my rocks on that course. People say that it shouldn't matter how many friends you have, and it doesn't. But i had none. All my friends had left school and went on to 6th form and I went to Carlisle. I still see them, but when you leave school you change and so did my friends. I still love them all, just my life is in Carlisle now.

After I met them two I started to see a change. my group got split into two and I no longer had to talk to the bullies who made me cry on my first day. I no longer had to sit next to the boy who made me doubt this whole career path. instead, I got to sit next to my best friends. he bigger change was that everyone started to speak to me, 'accepting me' in a way. it was nearly Christmas and they knew I was here as much as them. I started to get invited out for dinner with them, to sit with them and even just have a conversation with them. All these things made me feel like I was wanted and loved and most importantly, like I had friends. We started to become a family and look out for everyone and I was the little sister.

My life now as a Engineer is amazing, I love it and I love college. At the end of the year I will have earned myself a Degree in Engineering but most of all, I will have gained 24 amazing best friends.

This blog post goes out to Karl, Dan, Dan, Dan , Dan, Corey, Liam, Cameron, Ryan and lets not forget them two dickheads who thought one sentence wouldn't ruin me. What doesn't kill you makes you much, much stronger. 

And no. No I am NOT a Lesbian, so stop asking me. I don't see how a course can determine my sexuality! Is it because I look better in overalls than you? Sorry about that.

Mwah

X x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

My week- 18th Birthday special.

My Happy Week #3