Eyebrow Review: High Street vs. Brands

It's here!! I didn't forget about it, I've just been mega busy with life in general! Today I will review my 3 favourite Eye Brow products which I use on a daily basis. (I say daily, I really mean when I can be bothered to wear make up.). The products below are either from Estee Lauder or Superdrug, all details will be listed below!

1. Maybelline Eyebrow Drama. I use this product when my natural eyebrows are being nice and are looking fairly full. I am really lucky because I have naturally full and thick eyebrows so on a 'no make up' make up kinda day, I can get away with this one. It comes with a funny shaped brush, not going to lie though this brush Isn't the best and it nearly always gets clogged with product and doesn't even out. I use the eyebrow brush from my Real Techniques collection to apply the gel on. You could always use this gel as a seal like many others do, on top of another product. This costs £4.99 which for some of you might be a bit expensive for a translucent eyebrow 'thing' and I'm pretty sure there is cheaper alternatives, but this is my eyebrow god send. Overall rating: 8/10.
Maybelline Eyebrow Drama Transparent

2. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown 1. How could I have done a review and not included the pencil which got me into the whole eyebrow scene? I was chatting this my cousin last week and we both agreed that this is one of the best pencils there is. Forget Dior, Forget Bobbi Brown and lets forget MAC. This pencil is amazing and is so cheap for the quality you get! I have had mine for years (Probably not suppose to have make up for this long but I'm poor.) and its still going strong. This costs £2.99 which is cheaper than a Costa, I know which one I'd rather have! This comes with a handy brush on the end so you can avoid the nasty lines in your brows! If you are a beginner, this is the pencil for you and even if you are a MAC snob, still give this a go! Overall rating: 10/10.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil Dark Brown 1

3. **This following product isn't 'Officially' an Eye Brow product**
Estee Lauder, Pure Color Envy (Provocative Petal). Okay I admit this is a Eye Shadow product and a pretty expensive one as well but it works. I got this palette as a present and I use it for one colour, the dark brown. Yes the other colours are really nice and natural but I have the Urban Decay Palette for that. Honestly, the price of the palette is worth it for the brown alone, plus the other shades. I comes with 2 double headed brushes which I have probably lost because they have them really annoying sponges on the end. This actually costs *wait for it* £40.00. It is good, but I am almost scared to use it, purely because it costs so much. I put this product on with my Real Techniques Eye Brow brush and its just amazing. I cant describe it any other than amazing. Its light and goes on really natural so you don't end up with horrible block brows. Overall rating: 7/10 


Overall, I would totally recommend the high street brands more than the actual brands i.e Estee Lauder or MAC. Places like Superdrug have so much to offer for the fraction of the price and the quality is just the same. It is nice to have Estee Lauder or Dior in your Make Up bag but at the end of the day, I pay for a product not a name. Yes, I am a total MAC freak and get excited when a new range comes out but I also get excited when Rimmel comes out with a new Lipstick.

Mwah

X x x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

My week- 18th Birthday special.

My Happy Week #3