Having a step family.

My mam got married to James (shoutout to James, peace) and with him came two children, Theo and Olivia. This meant we had to move house, move in together and share the same bathroom. As you can may tell, I hated the idea and ordered that I would have the largest room in the house. Having step siblings can be the best and worst thing to happen. Suddenly I had these two kids in my home, using my bathroom, sharing my bread and stealing my Nutella. This is what I've learnt whilst having a step family.

Number one. Never leave Nutella unattended, it will be eaten.
Number two. You will always have to queue for the toilet in the morning, you just gotta pray it's for a wee.
Number three. Accept that the toilet seat will always be up when any boys have had a wee, just accept it and move on.
Number four. Just because one might be around the same age does not mean you have to be friends. Trust me, I don't even speak to my step sister.
Number five. The first Christmas together will be the worst thing ever, just play cool and get two Christmas trees.
Number six. Step Dads are pretty cool, but that might just be me.
Number seven. More birthday and Christmas presents, need I say more?
Number eight. You still have your parent, you still have their attention and they still love you.
Number nine. Things will go missing, they just will.
Number ten. That my step brother is a little strange but he gets that from his step sister, it's okay.

Having a step family is hard and challenging and sometimes I want to murder a few people. But it's all worth it and now, I really don't think I could cope back in my old life, not now.

It's not that bad, promise.

Mwah

X x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

I bake cakes and have a dog!

My week- 18th Birthday special.