A very Younique review.

Todays post is a bit different and it's something I never thought I'd review, purely because I'm a bit scared about trying different products other than my comfort zone ones; one word, spots. Anyways, I was lucky enough to be given a sample of Younique's foundation, which has been going viral with people drawing lines on their faces with sharpies (PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF CONTOUR, DO NOT DO THIS!) and it being made out to be this magical foundation. I was also given 3 lip glosses, one of them I am wearing on the picture below and the others I'll leave for a rainy day to review.
As you can see, my face has a lot of issues, new spots, dried up spots, scaring, redness and just general uneven skin. The colour of this foundation is very yellow toned so it looks a tad off in the pictures. When looking for a new foundation I always look for a few things; how it applies, how it looks and how it wears.

You can find the lovely Sarah here, give it a like and tell her that you've came from Unicorns and Fairy Dust!

Let's begin!

I away start off by moisturising my skin and if needs be I'll apply a primer to my T zone, I've only pictured my moisturiser but I did use some The Body Shop pore minermiser primer on my nose and spots.

Displaying 20160307_154854.jpg
Displaying 20160307_154854.jpg

Are you all ready to see my naked face?

As you can see, my skin isn't naturally the prettiest it's ever been and recently I've been having so many break outs it's a pain in the bum. I need a thick foundation with good coverage to hide everything and make me look like Kate Moss.

I applied the foundation by dabbing it on my skin and blending it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush. The foundation doesn't have a lot of play around time so unlike what I did, I would do portions of the face and work your way round. The first layer made my skin even in tone but I could still see all my redness and my spots were still popping up to say 'Hi'. I applied another layer to places where I felt I needed a bit more coverage. So far, I wasn't believing that sharpies could be hidden with this product. It seemed like the more I blended the more coverage I got, which was nice... Just extra work.


So the picture above is me with the foundation on, nothing else. Before anyone pipes up, I've already said that the foundation doesn't match my skin tone, as you can see from my neck. When I go out though, I normally wear fake tan, so it will all match and blend nicely if I ever decide to wear this again. So far, I found that it takes a bit of time to put on and you really have to work it.

The picture below is me with all my make up on, plus a lip gloss from Younique. All I added was bronzer, blush, concealer on my nose, under my eyes and on my chin and bare minerals mineral veil to powder. I chose not to use my normal powder because I wanted to see the overall finish of this foundation and how long it stays on for. By no means am I running a marathon or doing anything which will make me sweat (not like I do that any other day), I'm just typing this blog, sorting my room out and then going to see Austin later. Oh, before I forget, I also have eye make up on, and my eyebrows, obviously.

From this picture it looks like I have flawless skin and no spots what so ever, well that's not far from the truth in one sense but then again I think my bedroom has good lighting. It has picked up some dry skin on my forehead, but that's nothing new at all and it's actually picked less up than my regular foundation.

Can we just all have a minutes silence though please... Because my skin feels so soft and matte it's amazing. Some 'full coverage' foundations leave this chalky finish which is really unpleasant, this one though makes my skin feel so soft.

It does have a smell like my Nanna, very floral, but this does go away once you apply it.



This is the lip gloss I am wearing on the picture and it's super pigmented and creamy. It doesn't have that stickiness some other brands have so you're lips stick together, which is always a bonus. Remember it's a lip gloss so it's never going to be as pigmented as lipstick, but either way this is lovely and I'm very tempted to buy the full size product!

9pm update

After my day was coming to a end I took a couple of photos to show you how the foundation had been. I could tell that it had started to crust (lovely word) on my nose which never happens normally and my forehead was flaking, which normally, never shows. I could see that my spots has started to come through around my mouth and the whole look was a bit patchy. Overall, would I buy this in a full size? Honestly, no. I think it's just not the right product for my skin, it isn't matte enough and the coverage is more medium to light than full, which is what I wanted. I would however, recommend this to anyone with more of a oily skin and maybe more of a mature skin. Basically, someone who wants to smooth out their skin tone instead of a full coverage.

p.s Go like my Facebook page so you never miss a post, you can find it here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

I bake cakes and have a dog!

My week- 18th Birthday special.