#ILOVEMYBELLY

I found out last week that I disgust people, and I was fullt clothed, wearing a bra and I wasn't swearing. So what was it? I'll tell you what it is was, it was my muffin top, my over –hang and most importantly- my flab. But you see, this flab reminds me of a time in my life when I was thinner. It’s not fat as such, it’s skin which was stretched and now is, slightly less stretched. I bought this skirt will all knowledge that my belly would stick out but I accepted that.

So dear body shamers/ that girl who told me I was fat at the age of 10/ that man who told me I should only drink diet coke, yet he was drinking frosty jacks out of a bag.

My belly is a part of me, I know it’s there, when I lost all my weight, it was still there. If I wear a skirt and my belly is ‘there’ don’t you dare ask if I’m pregnant, don’t you dare ask how much I weight and don’t you ever, criticize how I dress “because it doesn’t suit my body shape”. I will dress how I want, some days that’s in sweat pants, some days that’s in a skirt. I say fuck you to spanks and un-comfortable knickers.

My Mam always told me to dress how you want to dress, so I do. I like this skirt; I bought it and I’m going to wear it until it falls apart. I also wore a crop top, I know- the horror! Because, when you buy something from a shop it doesn’t say “only for size 10 and blow, sorry fatty!” so why do you think it’s okay to tell me that I shouldn’t wear it?
My belly is a part of me which I’m never going to get rid of, ever stretch mark, every lump and bump makes me who I am.

It makes me sad and slightly frustrated that people can’t keep their opinions quiet. It’s 2016 for fuck sake, I really did think, last year, after than man made a rude comment about my soft drink choice; that everything would change. But here I am, 365 days later and the world hasn’t changed, if anything it’s got worse. I see things all the time which I don’t agree with, do I comment? No, because whatever that person believes in makes them happy and who am I to disagree with that?


So here’s a picture of my outfit in question, you can’t even tell I have a crop top on because of my high waist skirt. I love being edgy, different and unique. I love testing out combinations and hell, sometimes they don’t work but I make sure I work it good and I carry on walking with my head up high, proud of whom I am.

To my body shamers, just stop. Stop with your nasty comments, looks and opinions. Stop with your looks of disgust just because I don’t look like you. Embrace individuality and just be nice.

The worlds getting older, and so are we. Do you really want your hatred to different things to last forever?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bake cakes and have a dog!

Me at my heaviest - My big, fat story.

A very Younique review.