A letter to my Drama Teacher

Dear my Drama Teacher,

From my very first parents evening you told my Mam "You have a bit of a Drama Queen on your hands, don't you?" To my last parents evening where you said "Anna's definitely a Drama Queen and a strong performer, she keeps everyone in check."

You inspired me to be as dramatic, flamboyant and sassy as I am. You gave me the courage to start doing drama and to be confident. You gave me the confidence to be happy in my own skin. You gave me a lot, and I thank you for that.

You created (Well, you and Mrs Chima- or Miss Armstrong) the bag, the bag which ruled the School, had priority in the dinner line and was a absolute legend (I still spell legend like Leg-end, thanks!) My bag was something which I could sort of hide behind, metaphorically and physically. With my bag I felt more confident because people were looking at my humongous bag and not the fact my pen had burst in my blazer for the tenth time.

You also used the fact that I'm a little bit like a Nanna to the majority of the school and embraced that into my drama work. You seen that Zoe was never going to fit being the Nanna in Billy Liar and I was never going to be the Mam. Then, when we switched, it just fit. It clicked and I've never been so proud of my dramatic capability ever- I mean I smashed it and I 100% deserved that B; just for putting up with the class.

You work harder and put more emotion into students than anyone i know, you stay behind to help people understand exam questions, skip dinner so I can go through the drama exam for the final time and everyone knows your door is always open of you ever need help or a chat.

I came to you when I was struggling with change, I honestly had no idea what to do and you simply said "This isn't for you, this isn't Southfield anymore and you need to go and think about it." And I did go away and think. I have never been so thankful that I came to see you that day, that you took your time to chat with me and to tell me that it's fine to be scared; but it does not mean you should quit.

So all of the above takes me to where I am now, going to uni in less than 70 days, as confident as ever with the best outlook on life. All because of you, you made drama such a fun time where I grew as a person as well as a student.

So dear my Drama Teacher... You'll forever be a massive inspiration to me and I hope one day I can be as sassy and as cool of a teacher as you- Engineering teacher, but whatever.

You rock!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bake cakes and have a dog!

Me at my heaviest - My big, fat story.

A very Younique review.