PROS AND CONS OF STUDENT ACCOMMODATION

Living in student halls is shit at the best of times, you have a small room, you have to share a bathroom with people who normally don't flush, you have to share a shower and hope you don't find any stray hairs and you have to share a fridge; which is a pain in the fucking arse. You can't have a shower at 1am, you feel awkward cooking bacon at 4am because you're hungry and unlike being at home, you get judged for running to the bathroom in a tshirt knickers. I personally cannot wait to get out of this jail cell, which Bolton uni kindly charge me 80 pounds a week for. I cannot wait to fill my freezer up with chicken nuggets and have no order at all with my fridge contents. If you haven't guessed, I'm having my own flat next year, and I cannot bloody wait.

Here are the pros and cons of student prison.

PROS

  • You get to meet a lot of people, you get people in the same boat as you. shout out to Jordan, Leah and Leon, my original uni friends.
  • Freshers are so much better because there are parties everywhere, everyone's drunk and the common room is bouncing.
  • You can chicken out complaining face to face and phone the warden.
  • It's nice to have your friends so close to you, next year I'm going to be living 5 minutes away from all my friends.
  • You don't have to pay for any bills.
  • Because the walls are so damn thin, you can legit hear people cough, you can hear music from other flats. shout out number one to flat 39 and Sian and her musical talents. playlist to die for. P.S Can we have Ed Sheeran tonight?
CONS

  • You have to live with people, which might not sound too bad to some people but I have never shared in my life. *Insert brat mode*.
  • It's frowned upon to walk around in clothes which are deemed acceptable at home.
  • You never get to sleep at a normal time and get woken up by someone in your block playing bloody Basshuter at 11am STOP IT I AM TRYING TO MISS UNI.
  • There's NO such thing as secrets in halls everyone will know about everything, sooo who did you sleep with at 11;47pm on Saturday?.
  • You get to hear a lot.. of people play fighting... always play fighting. COUGH COUGH ROOM 1 FLAT 39 XO
Overall, I love living in halls (I do, I just hate a lot of people) because I've met such lovely people, I've met friends for life, I had the best birthday ever in flat 3, I've cried in this room, I've threw up because vodka in this room, I've had all my up and dons in Orlando. Shared accommodation is not for me, I need my own toilet, kitchen and I need my double bed back.

What's every ones opinions of halls?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

I bake cakes and have a dog!

My week- 18th Birthday special.