Skin care routine 2016.


Hello my lovelies! This post has been requested a lot, so I thought I'd make you guys happy! Some of the products are kindly sponsored or are gifts from various companies. Like always, these will be notified with a * and a direct link to the web page. I try my hardest to make sure all products are available worldwide, but sometimes this can't be helped. Some of the products used in this post may be tested on animals and may not be suitable for Vegans or people who don't agree with that sort of thing. With that all said and done, lets carry on with the post.

My skin care routine doesn't really change if I'm wearing make up or not, as I'm prone to spots and break outs I always like to use quite hard and strong products. I have combination kin, at the minute it is quite dry on my temples and oily everywhere else.

I made 2016 the year that I was going to sort out my skin and ever since I said that I've had so many break outs it makes me feel a bit sick. Most of this has been hormones and some of this, I presume is because I've been trying a lot of products which are new to me and my skin.

My number one rule to good skin is a good moisturiser, this can be a £50 a pot one or a £5 a pots one, as long as it works for your skin, it really doesn't matter. Personally, I don't really believe in day and night moisturisers and I know a lot of other bloggers are going to be very angry when I say this; but I think they are a waste of time and ones just slightly thicker than the other. This blog is aimed at teens and young adults and I think it would be unfair to tell you to get 2 moisturisers when I don't personally use 2.

I used this moisturiser from LUSH called Gorgeous*, Lush kindly sent me this and a few other products, some which will be mentioned in this post and some which are not. It is retailed at £40 which is a lot and honestly, I don't think it's worth it and I think there is a lot of other products which do the same, but this is what I'm using right now. If you want to buy it the link to Ebay is here. (I use Ebay because I feel like you can get bargains on here, but buy at your own risk!)

The second most important thing for you skin is washing it, using the right products is so important! Last year I done a skin care routine (which you can look at here) and at that time my skin was super oily, I had so many spots and it was rough and un-even. For this I used The Body Shop Tea Tree collection, which they have now re packaged and re branded, but it is the same products. This is ideal for acne and break out prone skin and it really does help reduce redness and oiliness. My skin now is a lot less oily and more normal/ combination. For this I use the Aloe cleanser to get rid of my make up and general grime on my face and then I use a face mask. Some people may ask why I use them in this order but it just works for my skin the best .At the moment I really love the LUSH Mask of Magnaminty* and I honestly love this stuff. It's recently undergone some slight changes making it self preserving and I don't find this formula more sticky and it doesn't 'crust' like the old type. This being said it's done wonders for my skin! Again you can find this here!

So just in case you don't understand my ramblings, here's step by step!


  • Moisturise at night and when you wake up!
  • drink lots of water to make sure your skin is hydrated and bright!
  • Use a cleanser/toner and mask which is suitable fro your skin type!
  • Use make up which works for your skin, try and error is the way you'll find out. just buy or get samples before buying!
  • Try be stress free, if your break outs are hormonal, they will go crazy. I know, easier said than done when you may have exams coming up!
I feel like I've been typing forever!

What's your favourite skin product? Let me know.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

My week- 18th Birthday special.

My Happy Week #3